Bad Weather Policy
This bad weather policy has been developed in the event of extreme weather conditions where travelling could be hazardous and/or schools and/or venues have been shut.
Club 4 Kids will take its lead predominantly from school activities (e.g. closures) and weather warnings and forecasts. Therefore if the school in which the club is located is closed, Club 4 Kids will also be closed.
This is the procedure Club 4 Kids will follow to assess the situation as best they can on the information available on a daily basis when deciding the course of action they would take:
1. Switch on local radio stations to check which schools are open
2. Check out www.southernfm.com website clicking on “school closures” section
3. If extreme weather occurs during the day, Club 4 Kids will keep in touch with radio or internet announcement to deciding their course of action
4. Ensure office answer phone messages are updated to keep parents/carers informed of the course of action Club 4 Kids has taken
Parents/carers are also advised to follow the procedures above as well as:
1. If extreme weather occurs during the day, parents/carers are advised to keep in touch with radio or internet announcement and if unsure contact their child’s school for an update.
2. Ring the Club 4 Kids main contact line 01424 440 779 to listen to any message from Club 4 Kids detailing opening/closing or your club’s direct mobile number
Closures during a Play session
If closure is expected during a play session, Club 4 Kids will contact parents/carers immediately to arrange an immediate collection of their child/ren. If parents/carers could not be contacted and children are still at school, Club 4 Kids will contact the school and advise them of the situation.
Parents/carers will not be charged if the clubs are closed. However, if childcare is provided at an alternative venue and transport has been re-arranged, normal charges will apply. If parents do not want to use the alternative venue then charges will still be made as normal as staff and other associated costs will still need to be paid.
Unplanned Closure Policy
Clubs will contact clients direct to collect children or advise of closure. The Club 4 Kids contingency plan will be to transfer children and staff to another Club 4 Kids scheme, if possible. The Co-ordinator and Management will assess the situation and depending on the situation will implement flexibility when deciding the most appropriate action plan.
Co-ordinators will display signs/messages informing parents where necessary of the closure, i.e. on the school gate and/or on the entrance door.
Parents/carers will not be charged if the clubs are closed. However, if childcare is provided at an alternative venue and transport has been re-arranged, normal charges will apply
Co-ordinators will inform the local radio station Arrow FM of any club closures. The Managing Director will inform the Funders of the club closures at the earliest opportunity.